Story Board

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Window Seat Story Board


We have a window seat in a room that will be a nursery. The dormered window has a 4ft x 2ft window seat that I wanted to cover with wood. I joined a couple of boards and started thinking about putting a design on it. I bought a wood burner for 10 bucks and practiced to see if I could use it to draw something. It seemed to work ok. My initial design was a frame with a Tree in the bottom middle and a sun on the top. By some majic it worked out that I had 26 three inch spaces to put pictures in around the inside. I decided on animals, one for each letter. The artwork came mostly from stuff I printed from Google Images. I would then trace it onto tracing paper, rub it onto the wood, then burn the lines and shading. I originally expected to only get outlines like the frog but the more I did, the better I got. My favorite source was the stuff I got from Roger Halls website www.inkart.net. I know its pirating but its not like I'm selling this. My main test was to see if I could get it to burn okay and still be recognizable as that animal. The outer boarder contains many fun objects to find, flowers, leaves, shells a WWI dogfight, and more. Two sets of tracks, Bear and quail. Soon to be stained lightly and poly'd. Now I just have to start learning stories and various info about these animals. So if you have any suggestions please post.

-Spellbound

2 Comments:

Blogger MsMeganQ said...

Wow Randy!! That's amazing!! It's really beautiful. When are you available for hire?

12:30 PM  
Blogger Spellbound said...

I only do this type of stuff for free, so just let me know. I like hanging out in the basement widdling away on stuff. Also I might get in trouble if I tried to burn stuff upstairs.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home